Project M
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  IRC  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FTB Strikes : Please Read

Go down 
+3
mrdejong
NeRealais
method55
7 posters
AuthorMessage
method55

FTB Strikes : Please Read Empty
PostSubject: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:48 pm

People that cause the server to crash will be banned from the FTB on their third strike.

method55: 1 strike
muppetgamer: 1 strike
Trvth: 1 strike

Last edited by method55 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeRealais

NeRealais

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:22 pm

In my opinion, detailed explanation is needed. How can we avoid from server crashing if we don't know what's causing it. Of course, if that's not confidential information.
Back to top Go down
mrdejong

mrdejong

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 am

I go with NeRealais here, if we don't what is causing it than we can't prevent it.
Back to top Go down
KATZ_TRU

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 am

basically anything to cause the server to crash, like bad ic2 blocks (a bad tesseract was what has been causing the lag lately)
Back to top Go down
mrdejong

mrdejong

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 am

I just had a crash again, dunno where it came from. I was at that moment alone in the server.

We really have to make a list here of what can cause those crashes
Back to top Go down
NeRealais

NeRealais

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

How does a bad tesseract look like? Or bad ic2 blocks?
Back to top Go down
TheTwiggsMGW

TheTwiggsMGW

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:03 am

What's been the common cause here is not bad Tesseracts, but rather incorrect use of them with storage and sorting systems. You cannot pipe out of Tesseracts with BuildCraft pipes, you must use a RedPower machine into pneumatic pipes(relay is the best; transposers and retrievers work, but require energy and redstone signal pulses).

What has been causing the immense lag and ultimately the server crashing, is the fact that Tesseracts (and Quarries, the same) will spit items out all over the floor if not hooked up properly. Many IndustrialCraft (IC) machines keep the chunks their operating in loaded, which allows all of those item entities to draw away from the server's CPU.

For a proper sorting and storage system, use pneumatic pipes into barrels and be sure to have a chest at the very end to grab all of the items you have not specified barrels for.

Also, if you aren't:
1 - making Extradimensional Barrels for cobble, gravel, sand and dirt,
2 - voiding cobble, gravel, sand and dirt, or
3 - scrapping cobble, gravel, sand and dirt via recyclers (with ample EU/t to keep up)
...Then expect to crash the server. Of course there are many other ways to cause the server to lag and crash, but this seems to be the most common and frequent Method (pun intended) of accomplishing this detrimental task.
Back to top Go down
NeRealais

NeRealais

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 am

How about Method adds a plugin, which clears all items on ground after certain time intervals?
Back to top Go down
TheTwiggsMGW

TheTwiggsMGW

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:08 pm

because then when you die to a creeper, you don't have time to get back to your items. Also, the rate at which items spew out would keep the entity count up, no matter if the despawn rate was shortened.
Back to top Go down
NeRealais

NeRealais

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm

But I still think he should add it, even if he's only going to use it manually. I've run around several times and seen quite a lot of saplings laying all over the place, so maybe clearing those entities a few times a day while noone is on or everybody is safe at home not dropping items on the ground would help fighting with these lags just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
mrdejong

mrdejong

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:32 pm

NeRealais is right here, those saplings are a pain. What we can do, is add a server plugin that creates a chest with the players stuff in it when they die. So they can pick it up again (except if the items fell in to lava). I know there is a mod out there that does it. I dunno if it is bucket or forge.
Back to top Go down
NeRealais

NeRealais

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 am

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/death-chest/

But it requires bukkit, and as far as I know, it's not installed on the server. And btw, it also creates chest in lava.
Back to top Go down
KATZ_TRU

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:53 am

or someone can make wood golem workers to set around the dropped items
Back to top Go down
method55

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Trvth. Strike 1
Back to top Go down
Trvth Jvstice

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 am

Curious, what exactly caused the server to crash? Was it that I put a spot loader next to the filler? Nothing I was doing was creating excess entities or dropped items.
Back to top Go down
camel

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:30 am

I think theTwiggs is correct in this situation, do some research before you start dealing with items that create large amounts of entities that can crash the server such as quarries. I don't think a mod would be necessary to delete entities or such. Besides, if a mod deletes all entities that means that all your carts, item frames, and other important entity objects will be deleted as well, unless there is way to only delete dropped items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTB Strikes : Please Read   FTB Strikes : Please Read Empty

Back to top Go down

FTB Strikes : Please Read
Page 1 of 1