Project M
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  IRC  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Server-wide recommended texture pack?

Go down 
+5
method55
Paulrw
Aitchy
Si
TheTwiggsMGW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TheTwiggsMGW

TheTwiggsMGW

Server-wide recommended texture pack? Empty
PostSubject: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 pm

I was walking around my builds and noticed how lacking my walls were with decoration. I try to avoid using paintings simply because each texture pack has different ones. If we could find a texture pack that the majority of us like, we could recommend players to use it instead of default (not requiring it, though)

It could lead to more themed structures. Plain walls are starting to bore me.

Just a thought,

Twiggs
Back to top Go down
Si

Si

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Faithful is a good pack, basically a 32x32 version of default with some minor changes. Looks WAY better
Back to top Go down
Aitchy
Admin
Aitchy

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:05 am

faithful
Back to top Go down
https://projectm.forumotion.org
Paulrw

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:23 am

ive just downloaded faithful and it looks so much better
Back to top Go down
method55

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 am

i like faithful and summerfield.
Back to top Go down
TheTwiggsMGW

TheTwiggsMGW

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:05 am

I've been using summerfield, and the portraits are sort of what got thinking about this. It has the pipes, cupboard doors, tools, etc. My furnace room looks really cool to me, but on default it looks extra lamezorz.

I'll try out Faithful sometime soon, got extra homework to do tonight. =[
Back to top Go down
tid171

tid171

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:59 am

I tried to get faithful on my laptop...and it broke my laptop....probably my fault more than the texturepack.
Back to top Go down
mrdejong

mrdejong

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:39 am

John Smith texture pack, I just love the looks of that texture pack.

I'm going to try the faithful texture pack in a minute, maybe it looks a little bit better then the default one (I completely dislike the default textures).
Back to top Go down
method55

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:42 am

It is default but slightly clearer. (32x32 instead of 16x16)
Back to top Go down
Snugglasaurus

Snugglasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 am

Yup, faithful is good Very Happy You could also use Traditional Beauty if it's just a variation of default you're wanting. Its a 64x64 version.
Back to top Go down
HesjingT

HesjingT

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:31 pm

What about Sphax's pack?

It comes in all the available sizes, looks great, and supposrts a huge amount of mods and graphic settings...

EDIT: i just managed to make GLSL shaders work on my minecraft game. it's downright epic!
see you soon...

Faithful does not support GLSL shaders, and thus it looks boring and flat

Here is a vid of GLSL shaders with 3d effect to blocks using Sphax's pack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJmqShUKNcM
IT works like a charm on my game!
even if i only get low FPS Razz

WARNING: installing GLSL requires a CLEAN version of Minecraft!
Back to top Go down
mrdejong

mrdejong

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:01 am

Well, the last days I'm hooked on sphax's pack. It is a very nice texture pack, it looks very good.

An other thing, I'm not a fan of a server wide texture pack. I kind of like having a pack of my own choice.

So when needed I will change the texture pack if someone requires that to watch his build.

Also I'm trying to get my builds look good on faithfull, sphax and john smith. I know it is a hard job to do that, but hey if it ain't hard it ain't fun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server-wide recommended texture pack?   Server-wide recommended texture pack? Empty

Back to top Go down

Server-wide recommended texture pack?
Page 1 of 1