Project M
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  IRC  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HesjingT

HesjingT

[Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ Empty
PostSubject: [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^   [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm a type of person whom enjoys sharing a few things, so i'll share with you the mods that i use for my game.
These mods a completely safe and useful for taking on the evil of this server.
The mods/addons are thusly:
Magic Launcher - Another way to launch minecraft and install mods - I highly recommend this for optifine.
Modloader - Needed for all the mods.
Optifine - This replaces MCPatcher and does it better, including boosting FPS and makes MC look better.
Macro / Keybind Mod - Make macros, bind keys to functions or automated messages, ei: links to this forum perhaps, or maybe a command like /money
What Is My Light Level? - Allows you to find out if a mob can spawn or not, checks the light level at the block you stand on. Can tell you time of day, and more.
Inv Tweaks - Sort your inventory or chests with a single click of a button.
Rei's Minimap - Make way points, and find north, or constantly see where you are via coordinates, what more to say?
Back to top Go down
Snugglasaurus

Snugglasaurus

PostSubject: Re: [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^   [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am

Do the Inv Tweaks and Minimap mods work in smp? :O
Back to top Go down
LordRio

PostSubject: Re: [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^   [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:10 pm

yea they work fine
Back to top Go down
HesjingT

HesjingT

PostSubject: Re: [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^   [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Snugglasaurus wrote:
Do the Inv Tweaks and Minimap mods work in smp? :O
They work like a charm...

Many Developers of mods fails to understand the difference between the 3 categories of mods/addons/plugins/what-have-you
So i'll try and help out right now Razz

Client side mods
Work on the client alone, often adding extra features to the UI (interface) or shortcut commands, a great example is the "Marco / Keybind mod" or "Rei's Minimap" i have listed above.

Server side mods
Works on the server to enhance or add various features to the server or the gameplay. As for MC, it's often extra content like blocks.
Some server side mods examples, of the obvious ones: Bikkit, Bikkit plugins like Zones or essentials...
The list is extremely huge.

And then we got:
Game side mods (Aka: Single sided mods)
These mods only effect the client and the game it is installed to.
Often only works in single player.
Hacks or cheats fall into this category, even if many forms of hacks are made to work on other servers, they belong to this category as they do not enhance or add anything to the server... aside from a poor loser and winner...
Another example of mods that fall into this category is "Zombeh's Mod pack" (May have spelled it wrong) This pack adds stuff to enhance Single player to a point it's almost cheat...

I hope this helps you out a little bit to understand the various Mods categories there is...

-----
I should not that there is also 3rd party programs that can enhance game play, like injectors and the like, but this method is often if not only used to cheat/hack the mechanics of the game, like unlimited health or ammo or what not...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^   [Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^ Empty

Back to top Go down

[Atlon:] Sharing the mods I use, for all of you ^_^
Page 1 of 1